Hey everyone! If you read my last post, you know I’ve had a busy few weeks of travelling and I figured I would start a travel series on the blog. I did a poll on my Instagram (@brightblondeblog) and most of you wanted the posts split up, so here is the first segment! This post will be all about the makeup products I bring with me when I travel. I always bring my makeup on the plane with me even if I’m checking a bag, just in case my suitcase gets lost or arrives late. I like to split my products into two bags, one with my liquids + gels, and the other with my brushes and my powder products. I purchased this TSA friendly travel pouch from Sephora for my liquids and gels so I never have to be worried about being over the limit.
Liquids + Gels
- Hourglass Primer – Love this primer when I’m travelling since my skin always gets very dry on the flight.
- BB Cream – This BB Cream is my favourite one from the drugstore; it has 30 SPF and it has pretty good coverage – it’s also inexpensive!
- Fit Me Concealer – This is my favourite drug store concealer, and I find it’s a great dupe for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer which I love but is pricey.
- Anastasia Brow Gel – I have this in a full size + travel size because I love it so much! Keeps my brows in place allllll day long.
- L’oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara – I only wear waterproof mascara, and this is my current fav. I find it keeps my eyelashes curled all day, and it comes off easily with waterproof makeup remover.
- Eyeliner – I usually wear brown eyeliner because it’s less harsh than black.
- Lip Balm – Lip balm is a must on planes, and this rosebud salve one is my favourite.
- Lipstick – Nars lipsticks are my favourite! I always bring a neutral lipstick colour (or a few!), as well as one or two bright colours to change up my look. I find that adding a bright lipstick to a simple makeup look really makes you look put together, without having to try very hard. My favourite colours are Barbara, Raquel, Anabella and Lana!
- Smashbox Powder – I love this powder, and it’s a great alternative to loose powder when travelling. Since it’s a twist up I don’t have to worry about it spilling.
- Becca Bronzer – This bronzer comes in a few different colours which I love. I have the lightest colour (Bali Sands) which works really well on my fair skin, and I like that it has a neutral undertone.
- Nars Blush – This blush looks so pretty on so many skin tones.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder – This is the perfect highlight/blush combo for when I’m travelling. I love having two-in-one products when I travel.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz – My absolute FAVOURITE brow pencil, and arguably the most important product in my makeup bag!
- Urban Decay Naked Basics – I’ve had this eyeshadow palette for a while and I love it. The colours are all neutral and mostly matte, which are versatile and create really nice daytime and evening looks.
- Burberry Eyeshadow – I was hesitant to spend this much money on a single eyeshadow, but I love it! It’s the perfect shade to use as a transition colour, or can be worn alone all over your eyelid.